1. Personal Information
- Personal information about visitors to our site is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia.
2. Use of Information
3. Collecting information on Registered members
- As part of registering with us, we collect personal information about you in order for you to take full advantage of our services. To do this it may be necessary for you to provide additional information to us as detailed below.
- Registration – Registration is completely optional. Registration may include submitting your name, email address, address, telephone numbers, option on receiving updates and promotional material and other information. You may access this information at any time by logging in and going to your account.
- Launching a Contest – To optmise bidder interest and your contest results, the personal information collected will vary depending on your situation. The type of personal information we collect may include the number and ages of your dependants, the
length of time you have lived at your current address, your employment details, proof of income and expenses and other financial details about you, any co-applicant.
- Connect Request – When you make a Connect request from your contest results, we will confirm or collect replacement contact information that you wish to be disclosed to bidder/s selected by you.
- If you provide personal information about another person, you represent that you are authorised to do so. You agree that you have obtained consent from that person for us to use and disclose their personal information.
- Apart from where you have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted, personal information may be disclosed in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. Also, we may disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure.
- We may engage third parties to provide you with goods or services on our behalf. In that circumstance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties in order to meet your request for goods or services.
- Except insofar as stated in 4.1 to 4.2 above, personal information collected during Registration will not be disclosed to a third party without your explicit consent. This includes your name, email address, postal address, telephone numbers and any other information which could reasobably be expected to identify and make contact with you.
- When you make a Connect request, the personal information provided by you in that Connect request will be disclosed to the bidder/s nominated by you in that Connect request and linked to your Contest for that bidder/those bidders and made available exclusively to your nominated bidder/s via an encrypted internet connection to the website.
- We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our sites, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
- However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
- In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
6. Collecting Non-personal Information from Users
- IP Addresses – Our web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services. Again, information is gathered in aggregate only and cannot be traced to an individual user.
7. Access to Information
- We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information corrected.
- In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
8. Links to other sites
- We provide links to Web sites outside of our web sites, as well as to third party Web sites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that Web site and its privacy statement.
9. Problems or questions?
- For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s web site at http://www.privacy.gov.au/.